Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weinie Bakery (Northridge, CA)

This bakery has been here for a long time. Nobody cares to notice this bakery since it's one of the few remaining Chinese businesses near Cal State Northridge, University. It is a true hidden gem, because of its history and dedication to making the best baked goods. It has been catering its baked good since  I can first remember in 1996. I had my first red bean loaf of bread here and was hooked! Grocery Markets elsewhere in San Gabriel Valley, Rosemead, Irvine, Monterey Park, and etc., have never matched up to par with this bakery! It's a one-of-a-kind! Usually the sell out their loaves of bread pretty fast, because it always does in the morning. So, I was definitely lucky to buy the loaves of bread when they opened today. The female owner recognized me and said, "OH.. CSUN started its semester?" I nodded. And she had noticed I brought my dad, just so he can know that this gem of a bakery has some good stuff. Not only do they make this awesome bread, but they make sponge cakes, cakes, and buns. 

What I bought was the red bean bread and the pineapple crusted bread. Both have remarkable and tasty features. The pineapple crusted bread is similar to its sister/brother which is the pineapple crusted bun that can be found in most Chinese bakeries. The crust on top is soft, but can be easily broken off if not handled carefully. The taste of the crust is phenomenal. It just doesn't get better than this. But don't take my word for it, get it yourself. Next is the red bean bread and until you get a slice out, you won't notice the red beans. They invest a lot of red beans and it's definitely worth the price. The prices here are very inexpensive. So, come over here.. It's located on Reseda and Prairie. 


Pineapple Crusted Bread

Red Bean Toast

Red bean loaf

Pineapple Loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment