Monday, February 3, 2014

Cafe Sierra (Universal City, CA) [Inside Universal Hilton Hotel]

Cafe Sierra! When looking for a great buffet that is equivalent to a Las Vegas Buffet is quite the hassle. There are ones that try to imitate a Vegas Buffet, but doesn't have the same taste or feel. I do remember my folks coming across an advertisement in the LA times about an all-you-can-eat buffet at Universal Hilton. We took the chance to come here and I would guess we came here first in 1995. The place has been here since and it's definitely the place where I can enjoy a nice prime rib, all you can eat Alaskan crab legs, etc. We have celebrated birthdays, holidays, and even brought relatives here from Hong Kong to try the eats in this place.

Most of the holidays that we have came here have been packed. What I love most about this place is their custom-sushi bar which doesn't exist anymore. :(  But, I do get my moneys worth bye grubbing on the frozen crab legs, lobster tail, prime rib, and oysters if they have it that day. Not to mention, their signature hibiscus tea. The hibiscus tea has no competitor whatsoever. I haven't been able to find that tea anywhere. Now, this place also has music entertainment. Most buffets that I have visited don't have any sort of entertainment, unless its from the ceiling radio speakers. Here, you pay for what you get. There's a live piano musician that plays in the evening and it's very enjoyable to dine and enjoy some fine tunes. The price of the buffet varies, it will definitely be a lot more expensive during the holidays, but well worth the purchase. The food selection is quite amazing. There are a few dim sum dishes, crab legs, lobster tail, prime rib, sushi, crepe station, taco station, salad bar, and other dishes that I will let u find out on your own.

They do take reservations! If you are not a buffet eater, they also have a menu where you can order ala carte. But, when I'm here, I do the buffet! :)

This place deserves a 5-star approval. It definitely has the best staff and best food!
Lobster tail, sushi hand roll, dim sum, abalone

Oyster in shell 
Chinese New Year Decor

A shark-watemelon!
 
Sushi hand rolls!!

Hibiscus Ice Tea 


Buffet Bar

Shark Fin soup



Prime Rib, Lobster Tail, Mash Potatoes

Lobster Tail

Sushi, Sashimi

No comments:

Post a Comment