Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Something Fishy (Woodland Hills, CA)

I am back finally after a long hiatus. Teppanyaki, something I would definitely suggest everyone should try. What is teppanyaki? Think Benihana! Still confused or don't know what I am talking about? Well instead of the chef cooking inside the kitchen, he's cooking right in front of you. Still might sound kind of boring/bland? Well he cooks but also implements different tricks to get you all excited. I have been meaning to come to this place many times, but never can find the right time to go. I have been a frequent teppan customer of Musashi which is located in Northridge and Porter Ranch. Yet, their teppan nowadays is just plain. There is no special show, just cooking.

Upon entering, it doesn't look like your normal Japanese Restaurant. My friend Jason made a joke.. saying.. "there's something fishy about this place..." Of course he tried to be funny, it somehow worked. When you enter, you have the choice sushi bar or teppan. Of course, I chose the teppan since my friends who came along with me never really experienced such meal. The waitress took our orders and then the magic started. This chef was definitely not your average Japanese chef, however he cooked like he has been doing teppan for a long time. It was awesome to hear the many expressions from my friends like the "ooh's and ahhh's"

The food is definitely good here. The prices are very accommodating. They do have happy hours and special lunches and dinners. Another thing I enjoyed was the 50% off sushi. Incredible. If you have sales like this in any restaurant, you will definitely attract all walks of life! The sushi was good, and we ordered so much, that it definitely took us longer to eat and finish all the sushi that we ordered. The ambience is quite nice, yet I wish they had played more or some Japanese instrumental music. Hint hint..

Overall, I love this place. I can't wait to come here again!! Hope you all give this place a chance and let me know how you liked or disliked this place.. add a comment here!


A heart of fried rice




I definitely to come during late Happy Hour!!

good attention-grabber!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment