Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kula Revolving Sushi (Little Tokyo, Los Angeles, CA)

It just doesn't get better than this! Revolving Sushi bar in Little Tokyo and guess what? The sushi is just $2. Forget those other sushi wannabe places that have a revolving bar. They have different color plates and their prices are unpleasant. Not to mention, the sushi is not quite so pleasing. One place in northridge, Gatten Sushi was horrible, because they gave us a complimentary sashimi which looked liked shaved ice. It was so thin and small, that I immediately left.

Anyways, this review is for Kula Revolving Sushi. They have another location in Irvine, CA. I haven't yet been there, but will definitely have to go there soon. Getting here is the easy part. Waiting in line is the hard part, b/c people love to come here for the revolving sushi bar and the cheap price. Not to mention the sushi is just darn good!! Writing this review is surely making my mouth water up. I haven't been here in a few weeks, but just imagining it makes me want to hit up their place next weekend. My first time here was last year and I was in Little Tokyo eagerly looking for an awesome sushi place. My group that I had went with was looking for a place to eat and ended up eating at a fusion restaurant. Sorry, but if I am in Little Tokyo...I want SUSHI!!! So, I had passed by Kula several times and managed to wait in line. The waiting in line was well worth it. I had almost 15 plates of sushi. After that experience, I have taken my friends here and they love it. Every-time I say let's get some sushi, they always ask.. $2 sushi at kula? I nod and they jump for joy... as we head over to Kula in Little Tokyo.

There is also a menu for hand rolls which is also $2. The only thing here which isn't $2 is the sake, beer, and the ramen. But, I come here for the sushi, no doubt! One of my friend had watermelon here which I found kind of funny, but he was in the mood for dessert. This is by far my to-go-sushi place when I am craving sushi!!!! Check them out! they even have their own website, kulausa.com

The seating is either booth style or single aisle where you face the revolving bar. I like to face it, b/c the booths you sit in a group of four and I rather experience it face-on. The bathrooms are okay. What is needed is more sitting area, and to expand the revolving sushi to accommodate the other sushi eaters.. It gets really busy and the wait gets long since people over there don't come just to eat, but stay there longer either watching movies on their phones whilst eating or something really dumb. that's what i dislike, their should be management to take care of such time-wasters, so we as the customers can enjoy your sushi and eat. I usually go here, eat, and if i take a little longer..it's because I am resting my tummy or waiting for a particular sushi to be re-made. People!! you should look in the back in realize the other people waiting!!!!

I hope you have enjoyed this review as much as I do. I hope to get some more reviews before the month is over. Hope you share these reviews with your friends, leave a comment, rate it, and hope these reviews help you during your journey of eating. Let me know if it's helpful or not. I seek improvement every time I write these reviews.

Look the selection (sitting at a booth)

I think thats salmon in sake?

Crunchy Roll comin up

Add caption

Tempura roll

Can't remember the exact name, but i call this the epic sushi! has egg yolk in it.. and sometimes the yolk is dripping. mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment