Sunday, March 16, 2014

El Patio (4351 Township Ave. Simi Valley, CA)

Apparently there's an El Patio and El Patio Cantina. This review will be based on El Patio (the original). I remember coming to this place back in the early 2000's. I had frequent this place with my friends Stephanie, Aimee, and Sarah when I hanged out with them back in the 2000s. Wish I knew were the girl Sarah is at. Anyways, hanging out with three girls in Simi Valley gave me a new experience on things. One of those things was food and El Patio definitely played a big role. This restaurant is situated in a very old plaza. The parking is very huge, the restaurant does need some renovating, but all I can say is that the food is definitely worth the trip. It's definitely difficult to find a really good (any kind) of restaurant nowadays. Outside doesn't really look appealing and it doesn't look like a Mexican restaurant until you enter inside. Usually when I had come here with friends, we sat outside. But, this time I wanted to sit inside and it definitely felt like any other Mexican restaurant. The vibe just was so magical, that it had reminded me all the times I came here to eat by myself or with my friends. I ordered the one plate I always order when coming here which is the 1 1/2 pound chimichanga and cherry coke with extra cherries. They always add a lot of cherries to the coke, which is my favorite drink to get. I don't drink soda often, so this is a great treat when I do. The chimichanga is also great here. 1 1/2 pound of meat and cheese is awesome! You can't beat a treat like this anywhere else. Of course the chips and salsa are appetizing until you get the main course. I think if the restaurant had done more renovating outside and a little more dim lights inside, this restaurant is the perfect date-restaurant for the young and mature audiences. I love this place, and will definitely make a trip back here!! 5/5 for the food, 4/5 appearance of the restaurant. Check them out when the have the Sunday Brunch. I might check it out and let you all know how it is. Thanks for reading my blog. Like it, have your friends check it out, and like my posts!! You can also check me out my youtube channel: Traveldude1981

Cherry Coke with Extra Cherries

1 1/2 lb chimichanga

Nachos with salsa

Simi Valley on a cloudy day
















No comments:

Post a Comment