Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Great Wall Chinese Restaurant Review (Northridge, CA)

Went here once or twice, and the prices are overwhelming. I mean OVERWHELMING, like wow somehow too rich for my blood. But, upon entering the restaurant, you feel like you are in CHINA! The interior decor is very detailed with the sliding door for the private party room, or the wallpaper and Chinese paintings which makes this Chinese restaurant so unique. Most Chinese restaurants in the San Fernando Valley and in Chinatown doesn't have such a warm feeling to it. It could use a little air conditioning from time-to-time. The food may be expensive, but the food quality makes my tummy say "YUMMY!". This time I had made a visit with 3 of my friends and the anticipation for each dish to come out turned out triumphant in its pleasurable tastes. Whether it was the Sweet and Sour Pork, Vegetable Fried Rice, Fried Turnip Cake, or even Sweet and Pungent Shrimp; the flavors excite my palate and I am definitely ready for more. Even the Beef Chow Fun was enjoyable to eat. My friend is not Chinese but he definitely found a nice Chinese Restaurant to dine at. They close til 12, 11 being the last order. It's definitely worth the try! After dinner, they serve the casual "fortune-cookies" and candied caramelized apples. Of course, this time around; I was too full to even think about that. I would definitely recommend this place. 9/10 cleanliness, 10/10 food, 8.5/10 price. An added bonus is they close at 12 midnight. Now if that's not saying anything, I don't know what else to say. Keep also in mind, this is one of the few restaurants that serves the fried chips with sweet and sour sauce. Restaurants nowadays, don't serve such snacks!
Interior of the restaurant
Looks like I'm in Beijing or
Shanghai.

Look at this wall scripture. It's intense.

This is supposedly aiming
at the front of the restaurant

Upper Right is the fried chips, and lower left
bottom is the sweet and sour sauce. 

My buddy's favorite dish, Sweet
and Pungent Shrimp.
Actually very robust in flavor!

a much clearer view of the
sweet & pungent shrimp!

Veggie Fried Rice anyone? (on top) 
Or shall I dine on that
Orange chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment