Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pinkberry (Northridge, CA..near Costco)

   After having dinner with my mom, lately she has been asking me where to go for dessert. I had remembered that we went to a place called Fluff Ice in the Monterey Park Area and immediately thought about Pinkberry. Not able to recollect the name right away, I just remembered that it was near  Costco and it was in Northridge. Also that my buddy Ed and Mariano had taken me there saying it was the best thing ever. So, I wanted to take my mom there. Once we got there, parking was a no-hassle since it was about 930 at night and most of the businesses were closed by then. The only thing opened was five guys hamburger joint.
   So, Pinkberry it is. We got inside and immediately I felt like it was my first time entering into this fine establishment. The decor was pretty impressive. As we queued in line, my mom jumped ahead to look at the different choices they had. I told her that I will get her "everything mango." She loves her mango. When it was my turn, I immediately said, "Medium size (2) and Mango yogurt." But they also serve mango ice which if we go next time, I will order that for my mom and see how she likes it. I get her the Mango tapioca and the Mango chunks. I get the same but with kiwi. The attendant forgot the mango and I had to remind her. It's all good, maybe she had other things on her mind. Paid for it and sat down. The seating that is attached to the wall on the side is pretty comfortable. I prefer that seating rather than the individual chairs. The lighting is not too bright but adequate. There are plenty of sitting areas inside as well as outside. I prefer inside, though.
  Now to the yogurt. In my honest opinion, I would give it a 4/5 for taste. I would give a much better score if I had tried something different, but I was aiming for something a bit healthier. Will give props and a 5-star rating for comfortability and environment. It's definitely a nice place to hang with friends and loved ones. I wouldn't see myself hanging out there for more than an hour. I guess I will have to give this place a little more time and try out the different flavors. Maybe by then, I will update this review. Hope you enjoyed this review!
View from where I was
seated.

Mango Yogurt with kiwi pieces,
mango chunks, and mango tapioca.

Pinkberry's philosophy??

mmm. delicious..  
irresistible?
e

No comments:

Post a Comment