Monday, September 8, 2014

Siam Cuisine (Granada Hills, CA)

     I finally get to write about Siam Cuisine. This place was the first place that started the Thai food revolution for me. To further explain, it had got me to eat Thai food for the first time. I was at a friends house studying when he had asked, "anyone down for some awesome thai food?" Without a shadow of a doubt, I raised my hand with certainty. So did everyone else. So we drove to this place that's located in small plaza near his house. We entered into the small restaurant and the lady greeted us. She instantly greeted my friend.. and told us that he had been a customer since he was a kid. Thats when it had struck me that I'm definitely going to eat some really good Thai food if he's been eating here for a long time. I have no doubt in the choices of places to eat when my friends choose them. So we stared at the menu, but he ordered chow mein. I was puzzled to why he'd ordered chow mein. And he responded, "this is the best chow mein that you will ever taste." Of course when I heard that, I ordered chow mein as well without hesitation. Siam Cuisine is a family operated restaurant. It's a mom and pop place that has been here for like the longest time. I would guess since the 80s. There are tons of foods to choose from other than noodles, but I wanted noodles. The seating area is limited but quite nice for a private occasion. When we got the chow mein, we left for my friends house. We started to grub and the second the noodles got into my mouth, bursts of flavors exploded into my mouth and I had a "awww" look of expression on my face. My friend noticed it and said, "yup.. see... what did i tell you?"

  Seriously it was the best chow mein I have had in a very long time. After our study session, I made sure to make a trip back to order 2 more orders. I met up with another friend and him try it to make sure that this wasn't just a one time "OMG.. that was the best ever" chow mein. He tried it and he showed the same facial expression that I had when I first ate the chow mein. So, I knew that it wasn't just me. Siam Cuisine has the best chow mein ever! Yet, I need to come and try their other dishes..but if you are ever in the mood for some really good Chow Mein? Come to Siam Cuisine, Located in Granada Hills.

Here is their address: 11033 Balboa Blvd. Granada Hills, CA 91344. (Closed on Mondays)


No comments:

Post a Comment