Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jasmine Thai Restaurant (Porter Ranch, Northridge, CA)

There were a few restaurants that came before Jasmine made its debut here. I was kind of skeptical and curious, too about Thai Food. I had Thai food and it hasn't been a welcoming experience. Either it was too salty, or it wasn't for me. However, I had to try it. Apparently they also have one other location that is 20 minutes away from my house. Nevertheless, this location is more upbeat and relaxed. As you enter through the doorway, you are welcomed by a small streaming fountain. The music in the back is very tranquil and the decor of the space inside is very chill or new age. The lighting is very dim and relaxing. The hostess or waiter at any given time will seat you at your table and the tables and chairs are very comfortable. Having been here multiple times, i like sitting besides the window or where there is a booth on one side and chairs on the other. Now, the menu is quite a pickle. There are so many things you can order. To get a taste of what this restaurant has to offer, I'd suggest to come here during lunch. I love coming here for dinners, as well. The Thai Ice Tea is a bargain. You pay for what you get. Also, the pad thai is an amazing dish, itself. Pad Thai is a thin rice noodle soaked in some kind of brown sweet sauce. Then it's surrounded by different cold sliced vegetables and such. Now the orange chicken is unlike any other dish you've had.. just one bite, and you are in heaven!!! I have had many disbelievers and yet after one bite, they cannot resist but take more!! So, I do hope you can get the chance to try out some really awesome thai food. Lastly, my mom had the curry here and it was to die for. So, it should be a treat next time.

Orange chicken at its best (thai style)




Chicken Curry
Pad Thai. Yummy
Got Thai Ice tea (Served in a beer mug)

No comments:

Post a Comment