Saturday, December 14, 2013

Les Sisters-Southern Kitchen (Chatsworth, CA)

Craving for some Southern Cuisine? Look no further! Les Sisters is a family owned restaurant that has been serving New Orleans and Southern Style Cuisine since 1986. I remember the first time I went here was when I was walking with my mom as she was pushing my brother in his stroller. There was a live band playing some awesome but weird music to me. At the time, I was a kid and I couldn't understand the music or what "Southern hospitality" was. Until recently the only Southern food I have had has been at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Of course, I can't always drive that far for Southern food. Luckily for me, I have been to Les Sisters once with a friend, and just recently for my birthday. I also frequent Farmer's Market, but the portions are so small. Thankfully there is Les Sisters. The portions are just right and for a great price. I recommend eating the jambalaya here as well as a cup of gumbo. Both screaming out southern flavors in my mouth. My taste buds couldn't get enough jambalaya!! The freshly squeezed lemonade, though is too sour. I think next time I will order a soft drink. All the drinks are served in glass jars and it just feels like I'm in New Orleans when I am come here, even though I have never been to New Orleans. I would definitely recommend coming here if you crave some Southern Food, or if you miss a little bit of home. This is definitely the place to go!!! Check their website for their hours, as they open certain times for lunch and dinner! 
My mouth is watering thinking about the next time I com here. 
Here is their website. lessisters.com

this is their jambalaya. This was less than $10. This is a deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment