Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ritter's Steam Kettle Kitchen (Santa Ana, CA)

In the area of Santa Ana, California? Then this should be an interesting place for some Creole/Southern Food. Each city in California has its signature restaurants to dine at and here at Santa Ana there are tons of different cuisines. Southern Food, is very difficult to find here in Southern California. There are not many of them here, which is good. The more rarer they are, the less competition there is. Ritter's Steam Kettle Kitchen is all cooked with steam kettle making the food evenly and faster to make. According to the staff members, Chef Ritter used to work for the Oyster Bar at the Palace Station in Las Vegas. That's where Steam Kettle originated from and here it is in Southern California. There lots to choose from the menu. There are soups, salads, starters. There's a lot that you can choose from the menu. Being it the first time for my whole family since my brother who took me here for my birthday in 5th of October 2013, we chose dishes we are familiar with such as the jambalaya, gumbo and for starters some cajun fries and raw oysters. Overall, it was a great dining experience. The chairs are a bit small for my size, but the food was great. The music that was played was soothing. Listening to some good blues music and eating Southern food is a treat. When ordering your jambalaya, they have a rating of 1-5 of spiciness. Of course, for us (asians) we tend to like it even hotter. So we thought, hmm it's Southern Food, why not try the hottest? I tried a 4 which is the 2nd hottest and it was pretty spicy. Of course for my parents, it was nothing to them. This is a good restaurant to bring a date or the family. If I am ever in the area, I am definitely coming here. Try them out if you are in the Santa Ana Area. Check them out on their website. rittersskc.com  oh btw! my rating is a 5/5. 

Sitting area of the restaurant

Raw Oysters… yummy 
House Jambalaya


No comments:

Post a Comment